Monday, March 1, 2010

Really Pushed Myself

I hardcore pushed myself today. My goal when I got on the treadmill was to run 6 minutes, walk 4, repeat until I hit 30 minutes. When 5 minutes rolled around I realized I wasn't tired so I decided to keep going. When I hit 10 minutes my shins were hurting a little so I decided to walk for 5 minutes. Then I ran 10 and walked 5. I'm so proud of myself! I got my full 30 minutes in by running in 2 ten minute stretches. I never thought I'd be able to run 10 minutes so quickly. Heck, I didn't think I'd be able to run 5 the first time I got on the treadmill. I'm obviously not in as bad of shape as I thought I was which is very surprising to me considering how blah I've been feeling.
It's getting harder for me to keep my secret from my husband. I really want to surprise him when I've reached my long term goal of being able to run a 5k. I feel like it's only going to be more difficult to keep from him as time progresses. I'd like to get a nice pair of running shoes but how do I explain that to him? I'd also like to get the screens on the treadmill fixed so I can monitor how far I'm going and not just how long. It will be hard to rain for a 5k if I have no idea how long it takes me to do it. For now I'm enjoying my little secret but we'll see how long I'll be able to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment