Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Feeling Discouraged

I was finally able to get in a workout after having 3 days off so I'm excited about that. My sister generously stopped at her gym yesterday and they gave me a 1 week trial membership so I was able to go to the gym by myself without dragging my sister or brother-in-law. I ran for 30 minutes again so yay for that!
Now, for why I am discouraged. In a 30 minute run I only went a distance of 1.25 miles. That's really pathetic! If I'm going to rain for a 5k I need to bump that up A LOT. I don't want it to take me an hour and a half to run 3 miles. That's really pathetic. I had no idea how far I was going (or what speed) because the panel on my treadmill at home does not work.
I talked briefly with my sister's trainer and he gave me some tips on how to increase my speed so that I can run further faster. I wish I was able to get out of the house and afford a trainer. He'd get my butt in shape for a 5k in no time at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment