Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's this blog all about?

If you're anything like me you hate exercising. You are unhappy with your body yet you can't get off your butt to do anything about it. I also love to eat so dieting is just cruel and it plain sucks. Especially when I have a husband who has hollow legs, can eat whatever he wants and doesn't gain an ounce.
I'll diet for a few weeks and lose a few pounds but then we will have some sort of event or my husband suggests something really yummy to eat and I "fall off the wagon". It's not that I can't resist...I just don't want to. It's not even that I'm hungry...I just want to eat.
I gave birth to beautiful twins just about a year ago and my body has not been the same since. I weigh more, my stomach is flabby and I've become a lazy blob.
I've been thinking for a long time how if I had a personal trainer and a chef I could have the "perfect" body. Well, reality sucks. I will never be in a position to afford these things. That means, I can keep dreaming, keep whining and keep being unhappy or I can do something about it.
I am choosing to do something about it.
Now here is the hard part. I'm a quitter. I admit it. If something is too hard, I'll give up. I won't push through the hard stuff and keep going. (Let me add if it's something that REALLY matters I don't quit but anyway...)
I said to my husband the other night that I was thinking of trying to run. Maybe setting a goal for myself to run a marathon or something. Basically he said I won't do it. I'll start and I'll quit. The sad reality is that he is probably right. But I don't want him to be right.
And that brings us to the purpose of this blog. I want to secretly train myself to be able to run a marathon. It won't be easy. I'm supremely out of shape. I have asthma. I have a bad back. I have bad knees. And while this is all true it's also all the reasons I will use as an excuse to quit. I'm not saying I'll be able to do it. Or even that running is the right thing for me. But I want to try something. I want to succeed at something. And I want to do it without my husband knowing I'm trying so then if I do quit, he won't know.
My plan is to start small and work from there. Wish me luck and keep checking back. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment