Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm so proud of myself!

I did it again. I worked out for 30 minutes and I repeated the routine I did on Monday. 5 minutes running, 5 minutes walking, 5 running, 5 walking, 5 running, 5 walking. Today it was so much harder. It's not that it was physically harder...I just didn't want to do it. After about 15 minutes I was thinking "well, I've done 15 minutes I could just stop now." After about 20 minutes I was thinking "I should just stop now. 20 minutes is better than nothing". But I kept going and I pushed through and I did the entire 30 minutes. That's a big accomplishment for me. In the past when I've been working out I very easily talked myself into stopping early. The whole "x amount of time is better than nothing" is too easy for me to say.
My shins still hurt today and I even remembered to stretch before I started. As I got going though the pain lessened. I turned up the speed on the treadmill thinking maybe my running stride was not long enough which is why it was hurting. Not sure if that was the reason or not but that could have definitely contributed to why I wanted to stop sooner!
The screen on my treadmill is not working. I don't know if it needs a new batter of it it's just dead. This means I have to watch a clock to see how long I've been on. It also means that I don't get to see how many "miles" I've gone or how many calories I've burned, etc. For now this is ok but if I can keep this up and want to train for a 5k or something I'll need to know how far I've gone.
My original goal was to do 3 times this week. I 'think' I'm going to try to workout tomorrow and Friday. 4 is better than 3 right?

No comments:

Post a Comment