Friday, April 30, 2010

Love/Hate Running

I still don't like it. I can't quite call it hate but even though I've been doing it as long as I have, I don't think I'd have any problems dropping it. All the talk about it takes 21 days to make a habit, etc.....yeah, I'd drop it and not even miss it. In a heartbeat. And I've been doing it a lot longer than 21 days. In fact, if I hadn't set a goal for myself to be in shape enough to run the Susan G. Komen breast cancer 5k in September (I think that's when it is) I probably would have quit a long time ago. I think the key for me is going to be to have goals and races that I am training for otherwise I'll never keep it up.
That said, I ran through the pain of my blister today. I had another 14.5 minute mile. I ran a total of 2.1 miles in 30 minutes. I'm proud of myself because it was hard and there were many times during the run that I wanted to stop. But I pushed through and did the entire thing and am very proud of myself!

1 comment:

  1. I have to have goals for myself to run, even after how long I've been doing it. And I really enjoy running now. But if I don't have a goal, and a set distance that I'm supposed to run, I come up with other things I should be doing instead. There are always going to be other things you could/should be doing, but you have to make yourself a priority. At least that's what I tell myself. You're doing great, Allison! I'm proud of you for sticking with it for so long!

    ReplyDelete